'titov dmitriy / Shutterstock.com'
Every day at the Front Porch Studio at Nexton the knowledgeable Sales Counselors help home shoppers like you find a new construction home that they will absolutely love. This makes them experts on the topic of finding a home that is just the right fit for their buyers. And there’s a science to the process. Check out these helpful tips from our friends at Nexton to improve your new home search and find your future home faster and more efficiently.
- Figure out your ideal square footage. The ballpark range of the square footage you need will depend on how many people will be living in your home. Do you have kids that will need their own bedrooms? What about in-laws that might require their own space? Or is it just you and you might only need a spare bedroom that you’ll utilize now and then? When you start to look at new homes online look for ones that have your desired number of bedrooms and bathrooms. That will give you a broad idea of the square footage you’ll be looking for. Keep in mind that the more square footage you own, the more cleaning and maintenance will be required!
- In addition to the requisite number of beds and baths, make sure you have a floorplan that has room to accommodate your hobbies! If you’re passionate about reading keep an eye open for floorplans that incorporate a relaxing space to settle down with a book such as a bay window or library space. If you work from home an office would be a top priority.
- Consider the type of floorplan that would best suite your taste and lifestyle. Do you like open and flowing? Do you prefer more traditional layouts with designated rooms?
- Be sure to tour a model home. Floorplans can be hard to visualize when you’re only looking at them 2-D. If there isn’t a model of the floorplan that you’re interested in at a particular new construction neighborhood, ask the sales counselor if there are other options... there might be one available as a quick move-in or under construction that you would be able to tour. Seeing actual walls and window/door/room placement can make a big difference,it will give you a better idea of how the plan flows and if its design will be functional for your lifestyle. At Nexton, they have a model row with six professionally decorated homes. This is in addition to nearly two dozen quick move-in homes! Chances are that one of the floorplans that you’re interested in seeing will be available.
- Take the outdoor space into consideration. If you’re interested in indoor/outdoor living you’ll want to be sure to look for big front porches, sunrooms, patios and screened in porches that might be included in particular floorplans. If this is a big priority for you it might be worth considering additional outdoor entertaining options like an outdoor kitchen or fireplace.
If you stop by Nexton they’ll help you through these steps in person. You’ll find a great selection of homes where you can employ these techniques, homes filled with Lowcountry flair and up-to-the-minute smarts. They have three Villages (Brighton Park, North Creek and Del Webb) that will provide you with a variety of home styles and layouts--homes that will suit any stage of life.
Thank you for reading and sharing our articles from The Greater Charleston New Homes Guide. Our business is to know Charleston, SC's new home construction, home builders, neighborhoods and homes so we may assist you as you take your new construction home journey. Our online resources are a complement to our magazine which is distributed FREE throughout the Lowcountry. Please take the time to explore our library of helpful tips, guides and insights. The Greater Charleston New Homes Guide is considered the most comprehensive and reliable resource to new home construction, builders, neighborhoods and homes throughout the Lowcountry.
Tagged as: Home Buying Info
Categories: The Guide